When we’re short on time, it seems like our workouts (taking care of our body) takes a back seat.
Here are some quick things you can when your schedule doesn’t allow for your full workout.
Hip Lifts – Very similar to these we posted earlier
- Lie on your back, knees bent with your feet on the ground.
- Lift your hips off the ground 10-20 times
- To make this more challenging, cross one leg (ankle over the knee) and then lift using one leg only.
Abdominal Hover– We talked about them on this post.
- Lying on your stomach.
- Lift your body weight onto the elbows and toes.
- Keep your body off the floor.
- If you are just starting out, you may want to use your knees and elbows.
- Use the floor, counter or wall.
- Position your arms a bit wider than your shoulders
- Bend your elbows, lowering your body….be sure to keep abdominals tight…then straighten. Repeat as many as you can.
If you combine all 3 of these exercises, performing at least 10-20 in each series……you’ll be pooped after 5-10 minutes. It may not resemble your normal workout, but it’s better than nothing, requires no equipment. It builds strength and can challenge your cardiovascular endurance. Add marching in place, jump rope or mini trampoline for more variety.